Friday, June 25, 2010

Start of the Electrical Stuff

Got a package today from UPS, its like Christmas. The five panel Wink mirror, the red roll bar padding to protect our heads, the hood pins so the hood doesn't open up and cover the windshield due to our supersonic speed, and also the safety power cut-off switch. I first tried to fit it in the existing windshield wiper hole, but it won't fit. the angle of the hole made the switch hit the metal of the inside dash. So I drilled a new hole in the cowl in front of the windshield, plenty of room. Here is a pic of it installed with the off-on decal in place, cool!Next I start working on the dashboard, enlarged the hole for the Jegs switch plate so I could fit all the wiring through it. I wired all the switches up with the required jumper wires, a pic later. Then put it in the "Not a Through Street" aluminum custom dashboard and put some power to test the switches. Man was I surprised and so impressed when I found out that the end of each switch is lit with a colored light and its red when it off and green when the switch is on. Yep, it has two led's inside, that is so cool. Didn't know that when I bought them off Ebay, nice surprise.

Here is the panel with the first two switches on the left powered, ignition off with a red light and fuel pump on with the green light. Above the switches are from the left, water temp, oil pressure and oil temp gauges. All three needles moved with I powered them, that's good!
OK, now turn on the ignition switch, it turns green and also lights the big red light to let us know that ignition is on, turned off the fuel pump switch so it is red in this picture.
Her is a picture of the back side with the ground wires and power wire jumpers all made and in place.
OK, another option of the car number. Had Mike, at work, make a red number with an oval background. Also, a black number in an oval background. Which to you like best?

I think I like the red best, but I would add some black drop shadow to it. Or maybe use the black with a red drop shadow.

OK, that's it for tonight. Off to bed and hit it hard tomorrow. But will take a short brake to watch the World Cup match with USA and Ghana. Go USA!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the red as well. But yes, it needs a black drop shadow behind the numbers. Nice work!