Thursday, June 24, 2010

Numbers

We have numbers! Well not exactly, but starting to look like a real racecar!So, I had the CAD guy at work make 16inch high number "83" and I told him I was looking for classic race car number font. He rides a motorcycle and his father-in-law races at the Monterey Historics in a very old Lagonda, a pre-war Bentley historic car, so Mike knows racing. I like his choice.

Mike printed it out on the large ink jet plotter and I cut it down to size and taped it up on the door. Next is to get a few more and make a stencil out of them for the white paint. I plan to stay with the square background, easier than trying to make the big circle around the numbers.

This weekend will be work on the wiring, hope to get enough done so I can fire it up again. Master cut-off switch should be delivered tomorrow. More parts ordered, O2 sensor and sandwich plate so we can add an oil cooler.

Trying to dream up a classic Lemon's front air damn, maybe made out of the plastic sides of a garbage can and maybe add a NASCAR type splitter at the bottom edge!!


That's it for tonight.

No comments: