Thursday, June 10, 2010

GTI Updates

I was able to remove the old, broken rear rubber brake line on the driver’s side last night! Put the new braided line in. So now our decision is whether to even attempt to remove the passenger side or leave well enough alone.

Also learned a lesson, dont support the rear of the car on the rear suspension, only use the body seam as the jack point. The car slide off the jack stand because the suspension is a nice smooth steel beam and as I raised the front end to slide the engine underneath the back end slid off the jack and hit dead center on the rubber brake line. I am just glad it didnt hit the steel line!

I decided cut back the number of circuits. And I would like to cut out the oxygen sensor system entirely, but a little afraid to at this time. So that system and the ignition control system are littleblack boxes I dont want to screw with now. I agree with wire size, nothing smaller than 16 gauge. And as we talked last night, I will arrange the fuse box to up mounted right up front and easy access.

Also, after getting the engine in, we got the exhaust and intake headers on and also installed all the shift linkage and adjusted it. We think we have all the gears, but not sure where 1st or 5thgear are located. Need to find a shift pattern pic.

Speaking of pics, here are a few recent pics.




No comments: